Buffalo Trace Primitive Camping
Primitive Camping Amenities
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
Our 12 primitive campsites provide the opportunity to camp the old-fashioned way - just you and your tent. Campsite #2 features a camping shelter, a three wall lean-to with a wooden floor that raises you above the ground and provides some shelter from the weather.
All our modern amenities are still within walking distance.
They’re frost-free and always ready.
It’s heated. It’s just nicer being warm.
Our RV dump station is near the campground.
Bundles of firewood are $7.50.
We’re modern. Flushing has its perks, doesn’t it?
Quiet hours are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
Check-In & Out
Check-in is 2:00 pm, and check-out is 12:00 pm.
Self-registration is effective when the tollhouse is closed during the regular operating season. The information for registration is located on the side of the tollhouse along with the envelopes and a drop slot. The camper first chooses a campsite. Fill out both portions of the self-registration envelope. Remove the stub and keep for your records. Place cash (exact change only) or a check in the envelope. Drop the envelope into the slot. Management personnel will check campsites each morning. You must have your envelope stub to receive your camping receipt.
- A campsite may be occupied for two consecutive weeks (14 days) ONLY. Sites are for recreational use only.
- No person or vehicle shall enter any areas or use facilities for which fees are prescribed without payment.
- You must be 18 years or older to rent a campsite.
- Any person operating a motorized vehicle much be at least 16 years old.. No motorized vehicles are allowed on walking trails. ALL MOTORIZED VEHICLES MUST YIELD TO PEDESTRIANS AT ALL TIMES.
- Only two vehicles, including camper vehicle, allowed per campsite.
- The carrying, possession, or discharge of firearms, air/gas powered weapons or fireworks are prohibited.
- All park speed limits must be obeyed.
- Trash, waste, garbage, or refuse including gray water discharge, shall not be thrown, scattered, or left upon the ground or discharged into any body of water. Each campsite must be kept in a clean and orderly manner. Please don’t litter, use trash receptacles provided in the park. A dump station is available, see Toll House attendant for use.
- All pets must be kept on a leash and must be attended to at all times.
- Camping shall be in designated areas only.
- There is a maximum limit of six persons per campsite.
- Each campsite is limited to two camping units per site (i.e. one camper & one tent or two tents).
- The campground is to be used for recreational purposes only. Conducting any business activity is prohibited.
- All property including, but not limited to, satellite dishes, TV antennas, equipment, etc. must be kept within the boundaries of the campsite. Attaching equipment to any tree or landscape is prohibited.
- The person registered for camping is responsible for all persons in the party.
- The camping tag should be posted on the campsite identification post so that it is visible from the roadway.
- All persons in the park shall observe the “quiet hours” from 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., during which no unreasonable noise which disturbs the customary use of the camping areas shall be allowed. Unreasonable noises include, but are not limited to: generators, televisions, radios, boisterous conduct, loud pets and unnecessary operation of motor-driven vehicles.
- At all times, radios, televisions, and the playing of musical instruments must be kept at a sound level that does not disturb other campers. Please be courteous to other campers.
- Bands or live musical performances are not allowed in the campground unless prior authorization is obtained.
- Fires shall be built in designated areas only.
- The washing of automobiles, boats or trailers is prohibited.
- Campers leaving the park must show their camping receipt at the Toll House upon return.
- At Buffalo Trace Park, boat launching is permitted only at designated boat ramps. No motorized boats are allowed except for electric trolling motors.
- Check-out time for the campground is 12:00 noon. Please contact the Toll House if you require a later check-out. Check-in time is 2:00 p.m.
- Minimum stay requirements: two (2) nights on weekends (Thursday - Saturday) Holiday weekends three (3) night minimum - Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Other holidays are two night minimum
No ATV’s allowed in the park. Motorized vehicles allowed include golf carts, scooters, and handicapped scooters.. Firewood and Ice are available for purchase at the Toll House. Cutting of live trees of any size is prohibited. Gathering of deadwood is allowed in all areas EXCEPT from the Nature Trail. Showers are available for campers at the shower/ restroom facility. Swimming is only permitted in designated areas and only when a lifeguard is on duty. Security personnel patrol this park and will enforce all rules; they have been instructed to call the Indiana State Police in case of emergencies or serious problems. Buffalo Trace Park campers may rent rowboats for overnight use at the Boat House. The camper must present his camping receipt to the Boat House attendant.
ALCOHOL IS PROHIBITED IN ALL HARRISON COUNTY PARKS