Maintenance positions are available at Hayswood Nature Reserve, South Harrison Park and Buffalo Trace Park. These positions are part-time seasonal positions, averaging 35 hours per week between early April and the end of October. Maintenance personnel report to the Park Manager.
- Buffalo Trace
- Hayswood Nature Reserve
- South Harrison
- maintain park grounds (mowing, weed-eating, clearing brush from trails)
- perform routine maintenance and repair of structures and equipment
- cleaning restrooms, cabins, grounds, including emptying trash containers throughout the parks
- physical ability to perform moderately strenuous job duties
- preference given to applicants with past experience in plumbing, electrical work and mechanics
- must communicate well with other park employees and park visitors
- must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a criminal background check
The Bookkeeper for Harrison County Parks is responsible for performing various clerical and accounting operations for the department . This position receives general supervision with assignments guided by board policies and or general objectives. Errors in work are usually detected through standard bookkeeping checks and or notifications for other departments or agencies, or the public. This position reports directly to the Parks Superintendent.
• Receives and maintains department purchase orders, bills and claims.
• Maintains general ledgers and cash books.
• Assists Parks Superintendent with preparing the Annual Budget.
• Maintains personnel files and answers telephone as well as greeting office visitors as needed.
• Performs various clerical functions including document preparation, reports, correspondence etc.
• Assists individuals registering for and reserving activities and facilities within various department programs.
• Receives requests for reserving department equipment and facilities.
• Performs a wide variety of other duties as assigned.
• BA degree in accounting or business. Must be 21 years of age.
• Working knowledge of standard office policies and procedures as well as basic computer programs used in office (Excel and Word as well as others). Working knowledge of standard bookkeeping principles and practices.
• Working knowledge of standard English grammar, spelling, punctuation.
• Knowledge of basic filing systems and ability to operate office equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally, with co- workers, County departments, vendors, Park Board and the public.
• Ability to provide public access to or maintain confidentiality of department information and records according to state requirements.
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision and others in a team environment.
• Ability to work under time pressure, multitask, and work rapidly for long periods of time.
• Ability to plan work projects.
• Ability to compile, analyze and evaluate data.
• Ability to work occasional extended and or evening hours. Possession of valid Indiana driver’s license.